|Send a Digital Photo?
- Reduce the photograph to no larger than 500k as a .jpg, .tif or
.bmp. The picture can be in color or black & white (they will print black
& white in the newspaper). If in doubt, do not reduce the size of the photo and send it just like it came out of the camera. DO NOT take photos with cell phone cameras. The resolution on most of them is not good enough for printing.
- Email photos to email@example.com
or firstname.lastname@example.org depending
on which paper you would like it to appear in. Include all pertinent
photo information (i.e. date, location, people in the photograph or
a detailed caption if possible). Please include a contact telephone
number in case of a problem.
- At this time, we are unable to open any photographs that are proprietary
to your digital camera or come from a CD that you receive from your
film developer. The most common file formats for photographs that
we can accept are .jpg, .tif, and .bmp. Please call if your photo
is in some other format.
- Please do not embed your photos in another program like Microsoft
Word or Powerpoint. The photo should be sent to us in its original
format to ensure the photo is printed in the paper at its best quality.
Embedding the photo in another application will reduce the resolution
of the photograph and cause the photo to print poorly in the paper.
- Photos that are sent with writing or text on them will print out
poorly in the paper, and it is at the discretion of the editor whether
they will run or not. While we realize that many people now have photo-editing
capabilities, we ask that you send your photographs in their original
form to ensure that they are capable of running in the paper.
| Submit a Letter to the Editor?
- Email a .txt or .doc file as an attachment to an email to email@example.com
for publication in the Glastonbury Citizen. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
for publication in the Rivereast News Bulletin. Please be advised
we only print letters that are from local citizens.
- Please DO NOT send letters (or press releases) as PDFs.
- Rivereast Letters must be 300 words or less.
- A contact phone number is required but will not be published.
- Type your letter in an easy to read fashion on 8.5 x 11 paper.
- Write "Attention Citizen Letters" or "Attention Rivereast
Letters" on the envelope so it gets directed to Editorial.
- Mail your letter to: The Glastonbury Citizen, PO Box 373, Glastonbury,
- Bring the letter to our office at 87 Nutmeg Lane, Glastonbury.
- FAX your letter to (860) 657-3258.
- Email is strongly preferred for letters to the editor.
- Citizen Deadline for letters is Monday at noon.
- Rivereast Deadline for letters is Tuesday at noon.